Unique Wedding Ideas
So you’re getting married. Congrats! Now for the tough part, planning a memorable day that represents both you and your fiancé in a way that’s unique and personalized. Here are some tips to get you started.
Personalization – a wedding should be memorable for it’s uniqueness to the bride and groom, that’s why personalization has become such a large trend. Personalization means that you take the time find the reason why you choose a specific element to be part of the big day whether it’s a certain color, decoration or flower, there should be a reason why these elements have significance. Ways to personalize include:
· Reinventing traditions – put your own spin on wedding customs and symbols
· Incorporate nostalgia – use items from weddings past to add to the drama of your own
· Feature your favorites – find a way to include all of your favorite things into the big day. This can include foods, music, movies, hobbies, activities and anything else you can think.
· Honor your love story – draw on meaningful moments the two of you have shared over time including how your romance developed and came to be.
· DIY – Etsy.com is a great resource to find handmade decorative items to use for the big day and Pinterest is a top place to get
Aside from personalization, other trends include:
· Pantone’s color of the year is Tangerine Tango and you can expect to see the sunny shade in everything from flowers and linens to bridesmaid dresses.
· Photo booths at receptions
· Food stations
· Statement Shoes